What is the point of clear mascara? What is it used for? Do I need it? What does clear mascara do?
These are very commonly raised questions. Some people think that clear mascara is just an invisible gel that evaporates off your lashes and does absolutely nothing.
Sure, there are some quack products out there that don’t do anything. But a real clear mascara has tons of advantages. Here are just some of the ways to use clear mascara:
• Clear mascara gives lashes definition and separation without being obviously there. No wonder some men have been using it ;)
• It is indispensable for the natural look but with the benefits listed above.
• You can use it instead of waterproof mascara if you expect it might rain – if it smudges, no one will be the wiser.
• Clear mascara can be used to tame the eyebrows. Apply gently with a brush and then use your fingers to give the eyebrows desired direction. You can also use the small eyebrow brushes.
• If your regular mascara tends to smudge, you can apply a top coat of clear mascara to seal it (Clinique Naturally Glossy is popular for that).
• Use clear mascara after curling the lashes to hold the curl.
• If you only apply a darker mascara on the upper lushes, use clear one on the bottom. It won’t stand out as much as dark one would, but it also won’t be as disproportionately bare as going without any mascara.
If you have more tips, leave them in the comments!